Monday, December 24, 2012

frohe weihnachten - merry christmas

christmas is a wonderful time - not only because of great biscuits (which of course my mami makes the best ones of!) and holidays.

for me it is also a time to be a bit humble and grateful for my family and friends - for my fantastic mum, who came all the way to st.lucia to celebrate with us -and for many many other things, for my great brother pauli, who was the greatest support for me in the last weeks and deserves the "brother of the year award 2012", for his wife barbara and my two nephews theo and emil, who we miss dearly -they not only sing the most beautiful sailing-songs in the world, for my brother christoph, who also had a big year with lots of news and came to be with me on my wedding with his new lovely partner, - for my dad, who had a hard year, but nevertheless  breezed through it not only because of his partner astrid -
for my australian mum gerda, who is the best mother in law one girl could have, and also came to see us with pete and shannon, who i can't wait to see in fiji - for nicole and fin, my sister in law who took my lovely nephew on his first long haul flight to be the biggest surprise on our wedding and rick who made sure that she would be able to do so, as they were setting up a new business just then with lots of work involved - for terry, being a great brother in law and a great friend to mark and me, for gisi, who is a great support and my sister! and made our wedding the most special one in the world! - for sarah, nina and laura, my most beautiful nieces, whom i thank for being so nice to their weird aunty charlie! you girls are great friends:) - for mark's uncle col and aunt lynn - words can't say how thankful we are for what you've done for us!

for my friends helmut and elke, who have not forgotten me already and are always welcomed on maloo - for tobi and barbara, who themselves are about to face the biggest challenge in life, and i know you will be soooooo good in it! - for daniel, who helped me through the last years so much!  for cornelius, who writes the best letters, that read like being written on paper - all the guys at the bsh PCP/MA-DS who make me miss work every now and then - 
for all my friends like ina, ronny, christoph, chris and anke, katja, elisabeth and julian, and all of those who won't be angry, that i forgot mentioning them - for all the new friends that we made on the way from the yachts senta, fabiola, azzurro II, island lady too, chilli cat, sirius and many many more...

dieter and monika, who we think of with great admiration every day, as they gave us their wonderful adaco/maloo to take care of - and she takes great care of us!

of course and especially for my brave uncle michael, who helped us across the pond and made sure we'd have the best fish to eat when we ordered it (....I don't know of any fisherman who fishes to order :) )  -and my aunty liesi, who let him do so and who though of getting us adventskalender and especially an adventskranz! my cousin tina and her husband klaus and son killian, who let the nonno go, and will add a surley wonderful person to all our family celebrations soon! for luki - who showed his dad how the fishing is done in the med, so michael could feed us!
and for steve, who was a great help with boat jobs and doing the graveyard shift.....without you guys, we would probably still be out there!

for my friend with the rose garden - who not only inspired me but also dared me to dream of a rose garden of my own some time in the future!

my lovely buddy - behave!!!!!  - we've heard you've been a bad boy! not sure if the christkind will bring you a bone this year ;) - we miss you dearly every day and you are in our thoughts wherever we go!
and last but definitely not least my husband mark, the love of my life, my best friend and the greatest husband of all times, who not only makes sure that maloo is not sinking, but also always keeps me afloat!

to all of you  - frohe weihnachten - a merry christmas  - and thank you all for your loving and lasting support! - all your little messages make sure, we still feel safe and never lonely even when things go wrong.

lots of love,

mark and karline 






6 comments:

  1. Ihr Lieben!
    Ich wünsch euch ein wunderschönes Weihnachtsfest, das in jeder Hinsicht ganz besonders ist- nicht nur, weil ihr um die halbe Welt gedingelt seid, um es in St. Lucia zu verbringen, sondern auch weil es euer erstes Weihnachten als Mr and Mrs Shippard ist!
    Seid umarmt und verbringt traumhafte Tage!
    eure Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frohe Weihnachten an Euch beide!! Und Tante Monika auch!! Wir sind froh, dass Ihr gut angekommen seid! Drink some rum-punch for us!

    Xo,
    mara, Mike, Karoline, Niki und Maxi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Christmas guys I managed to get home eventually. Big hold up in Miami. Thanks for allowing me to come on the ARC it has been a bucket list item for me. I guess we will see you on the water, we may even sail out and meet you.
    Smithy

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love you guys too.
    Miss you.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hallo ihr zwei, also frohe weihnachten ist rum aber ich wünsche euch einen ausgezeichneten rutsch ins neue jahr mit tollen abenteuern! ich habe mir das mal auf dem globus angeschaut, also in ca. 2 wochen sind wir so weit voneinander entfernt wie man selten ist. ihr auf den schönen inseln dadrüben, ich irgendwo bei irkutsk - das andere dadrüben! alles gute für euch! auf bald sach ich ma!
    ina aufm weg nach sankt petersburgi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hallo, ihr Lieben!
    Bin gut in Dortmund gelandet; danke an euch und Steve für die wundervolle ARC und die Tage vor- und nachher!
    Guten Rutsch euch und Moni!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete